Monday, April 22, 2013

A Love/Hate Relationship with Facebook: Part 2

It's been a while since Part 1*, so I guess we're finally due for Part 2.

*Apologies in advance, my brain has been MIA this past weekend, and I can't spell a single word correctly. It's probably going to take me twice as long to type this up because I keep having to go back and fix things. If I miss a few words here or there, don't judge?

On to today's topic!
Last time I talked about my issues with Facebook, I talked about relationship statuses and birthday messages. Recently, I had a birthday, in case you didn't know, but I'm sure you did. I Was going to hide the info just for the day and expirement with people who actually would know if it were my birthday? Yeah, I forgot, and I probs got about 100 generic messages saying, "Happy Birthday" some were creative, so I gave those ones a like, but for the people who simply said Happy Birthday because Facebook told them to, nah.
I hate that I forgot to take that stupid thing off. If you don't talk to me on a regular basis, and I Know that you don't know when my birthday is, so Staaahp!

But alas, I shall move on, as I've already discussed this topic before.

Here's what I love, yet something that kind of grinds my gears.

"Need Addresses for Invites!"
- "I'm getting married!"
- "I'm having a baby!"
- "I'm throwing a make-up party!"
Girl, please. I appreciate that you want to invite me to whichever big day in your life, but wouldn't you only want those closest to you to attend your wedding? If I'm that person, shouldn't you have my number? Can't you at least call or text me? Make it more personal? I get that FB is faster and easier, but seriously, I don't want to post my address onto a wall where everyone and their creepy cousin can see where I live! I don't need a stalker!
The same thing goes to you women popping out babies every month! (Ugh, crazy thing about getting old. Having babies is a normal thing) but anyway, most of the women having babies on my FB, are women who I don't know that well, honey, I'm not buying your baby a gift unless we're hanging out on a regular basis or I'm promised babysitting rights. Then again, maybe that's not a good idea, I'll probably steal your baby. :P
And whatever other mass invites you're planning on trying to get me to attend and buy, stop. Shame on you, scamming the FB friends who only keep you to laugh at your dumb statuses. (Which reminds me, I need to go on a much needed friend cleanse soon.)


"New phone, message numbers"
Ohhhhhhhh this pisses me off. Severely. If you do this to me, you don't deServe my number. Be an adult, send me a private message. Ask for my number. If you're someone I haven't talked to since ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!? don't you Dare click my name on that invite list. Unless you for real plan on making plans with me, fine. But then again, inbox me. Talk to me. Be More than my FB friend. If you really want my number show me. I don't mind giving it out, but just like my address, I do not plan on giving everyone and their stalker neighbor to see my number. I don't need no strange, breathy calls in the middle of the night. Now way Jose.

Until ya'll deserve my attention/presence/contact information, I'll be pressin' "Maybe."



<3 Tawny

No comments:

Post a Comment