Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Crazy, Beautiful Life

Okay so, here's some background info on this post.

I. Despise. MTV.

Never has a show caught my eye for more than an episode. And that's only happened when joining others at the TV and they're already watching. (for example: Teen Mom 2 - don't even get me started)

Over my Spring Break, my sister introduced me to this show called Awkward. It's an MTV show.  I hated myself for even enjoying it at first. But then my obsession killed any and all guilt, and now I look forward to every new episode. I went through the whole day yesterday (Tuesday), waiting for it to be 9 o' clock, because it was the highlight of my schedule. Pitiful? Meh, there are worse things.

After the new episode Awkward was over, this show called the Girl Code came on. Since it didn't look too horrible, I was too lazy to move, and mostly because the previews had me laughing my bum off, I decided to keep MTV on. Whoops! I think I love this show now too. Dang.

Then, I continued to play games on my computer and left the TV on with MTV playing and, did you know Ke$ha has a new show? I didn't. But I love her music. I own all three of her albums. So I watched that show too. I think it was the series premiere? Anyway. It was amazing.

I've been following Ke$ha on FB and Twitter for years now, and I've seen the tabloids, read the stories, heard the rumors, questioned her over-obsession over glitter, but I've never even thought about her as a Person. I always try to the person inside the coat of skin we usually fail to look past. But with celebrities, it's difficult. You're not really able to see past their looks or what you here, because most of the info you get from them, is from the internet or magazines. You can't sit down and chat, or hang out with them. Their too busy for that, you know, being famous?

I love Tweeting :)

Anyway, I can't even tell you how many times I got choked up while watching that show! I never would have guessed that I would relate to her more than I have in the short time slot of seeing only a Blip of her life. I've been heartbroken, I've been bullied, I've been doubted. So has she. I know I'm not the only one in the world going through my troubles, but hearing/seeing for yourself... well, it hits home. One of her fans made a scrapbook for her and wrote a letter in it to her, confiding his story. She accepted his gift, listened to him, read that letter (in front of him), gave him a hug, and instilled a new bud of confidence in that kid. (getting emotional again.) It takes a good, kind person to be able to provide that comfort for another, and Ke$ha fits that category. I love and respect her so much more. Just for that episode, and I can't wait to see next weeks, and find out more about Krazy Ke$ha.

Maybe I'll even appreciate glitter like she does... eventually.

Confession: When "Hello Kitty" and I split up, I remember doing everything in my power to keep my mind off of things. I think I rearranged my entire room twice that night. While listening to my iTunes, the song "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes" came on and I remember absolutely losing it. Sobbing. While I still tried to sing along. To this day, if I'm even slightly emotional, and that song comes on. It makes me at least tear up. Not because I'm still sad, but because it takes me to that emotional vulnerability, and I instantly connect with the song. It's crazy what 3 minutes of words and rhythm can do to you.

So for those of you who don't like Ke$ha (or any other artist), do it because you don't like her music, not because you think you don't like Her. She deserves better. She stands for so much better.

I guess, what I'm saying, is maybe MTV isn't so bad... (and then True Life came on...*shiver*)

Thanks for reading guys,
<3 Tawny

2 comments: