Sunday, July 6, 2014

I'm Coming Back

I realized today that I have not posted in about two months.  I'm ashamed.

But today I've decided that I'm coming back, and I'm coming back in full force.  Since I started graduate school, my posts have been infrequent, censored, and overall limited.  The purpose of me starting this blog in the first place was to express my thoughts, feelings, comments, and concerns in a forum that I just can't in everyday life.  I can't sit in a meeting at work and start talking about how much the Texas GOP's recent decisions unnerve me.  I can't start a conversation in the middle of class and rant about something I saw on Facebook that offended me that day.

Yes, I understand I'm working in a field where people are constantly observant of my actions.  Where I'm being monitored on my professionalism and maturity.  I have been told in the past that I should be careful and conscious of what I post on here because a coworker or a student might read my thoughts and view me differently.  I've been told that I should conform to the norm so that I'm more accepted.  I've obeyed and it only made me miserable.  How can I be thought provoking and make changes if I'm conforming to others' values?

So I'm back.

I'm angry.  I'm confused.  I'm joyful.  I'm saddened.  I'm excited.  I'm outraged.  I'm human.

And I am voiceless no more.


Shall you condemn me for speaking my mind and being my own person, then that is fine by me.  But if you think my blogging will affect my work ethic, my school work, my professionalism, or your perception of me as a human being, then I ask you to unfriend me on Facebook, quit following me on Twitter, and delete this URL from your browsing history.

This blog is a piece of me and if I can't be me on here, then I can't be me anywhere.  This is the only place where I feel appropriate and comfortable to voice my opinion to the extent that I feel necessary.  So please, if you would like to join me on my journey, I encourage you to subscribe by email on the right hand side of the page.  You don't need a blogger account to subscribe, just an email.


Thank you for reading,
<3 Tawny

No comments:

Post a Comment