Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Evil Is Inevitable

Yesterday I got a new tattoo. My sixth, to be exact.

Here's why:
Three semesters ago, I took my first philosophy class. This is where I first learned about the problem of evil. I mean, I've always known about evil, and I've always had an opinion on it, but I was never truly aware of my feelings. I was also never confident in my beliefs of a higher power. I knew there had to be something, but I never knew what. I wasn't raised with the Good Book, I wasn't brought to church every Sunday. I never practiced any religion. And honestly, I'm more than grateful for that. I've been able to develop morals, love, and faith in my own way. I've been able to view the world openly, through my own eyes.

We had to write a paper on this issue. While writing my paper, this is one of the phrases I used.
The next semester, I took another philosophy class. I couldn't get enough. In this one, we were able to write a paper about any topic that were passionate about. I ended up writing a 2200+ word paper on this subject. If anyone is interested in reading it, you can find the link HERE!

Evil is an everyday occurrence in life. We can't avoid it. Bad things happen, all of the time. This is the way it has to happen. According to the philosopher Leibniz, this is the best of all possible worlds.

Through the bad, through the negative, through all of the hard times we endure, we learn. We persevere. We become better people. Through evil, we come to embrace the good even more. How can we appreciate the good things in our life without knowing the worst?

You don't have to agree with me, as with any of my other posts. But this is what gets me through every day. This is what I've learned, from everything that I've been through. I embrace everything that life brings to me. Because I know the best is yet to come.

I didn't go into great detail in this post, because I do have a lot to say. So I would suggest that you read the paper I wrote. Understand my ideas. Understand me. See where I'm coming from. Even if you don't agree, have an open mind.

My philosophy
<Tawny

No comments:

Post a Comment