Thursday, April 25, 2013

Easier Said Than Done

"I'm going to stop procrastinating from this point on!"

"I'm finally caught up on my work, I should work ahead!"

"I'm going to do my homework as soon as it's assigned!"


Yeahhh riight.. How many of you have told yourself these phrases or something along those lines?
*Raising my hand*
Recently?
*Raising my hand*
Me too.

In fact, last night, after my night class, I realized that I had a lot of stuff to get finished before May, so I decided that I was going to stay up all night and get the bulk of my workload completed so that I wouldn't need to be as stressed in my last couple weeks before finals/graduation. Yeah, that didn't work out so well. By midnight I was already feeling tired, by 1:30am I was battling the weight of my eyelids. I was in bed by 1:45am. I got 1.3 assignments completed. *sigh*

I honestly do not know how most of ya'll do it. All nighters for projects, exams, movie marathons, insomnia, random homework assignments, etc. My resolve just is not that strong.

So yeah, pretty much all three of those phrases above were combined and spilled out my mouth with extreme determination.

"I'm going to catch up on my assignments, work ahead, and lessen my workload so that I don't fall behind during finals and I'm ultimately less stressed."

Silly me. I failed. I got what I needed done for the next day, and I really tried to work ahead, but I was defeated by my own brain. Silly brain, trying to keep my healthy with sleep. Pshh.

But, momma didn't raise no quitter! Today, I've already completed one assignment not due until May 3. It was short, easy, and I had time. Score!

How awesome am I? I'm writing a blog post, about how I'm trying to be proactive and not procrastinate, while I'm Not accomplishing that goal at the moment by writing this blog.

Yayyyy! Contradictions.

Hopefully though, even though I didn't get everything done that I wanted to get done last night/this morning, I can do it all tonight. Because then I have even More that I need to get done tomorrow.

I hate my life right now...

23 days left until Graduation and counting. Thank goodness.

Thanks for reading today's nearly pointless post. :P

<3 Tawny

1 comment: