Saturday, November 9, 2013

Self-Inspiration - Don't Ask How

I was hanging out at Barnes and Noble, not always the best idea for me, and I almost got out of the store without splurging on some random book, game, toy, or whatever. But then I got to the checkout area.

Right before it, you know, that area where it has random crafts and interesting items that don't fit in anywhere else in the store? Where Everything is always on some kind of markdown?

Well, you see, there was this sketch book. I bought it. So cute! Plain, tan colored book, says the word "sketch" on top and has 240 pages for me to draw/doodle in. It was $7. I think that's a darn good deal!

As soon as I brought it home with me, and began drawing random lines and swirls and was asked, "What are drawing?" I had no idea. Until I was about 3/4 done with the page. Once I finished, a poem was inspired within my brain. Never had that ever happened before.

Usually, when it comes to poems, something cool will pop up in my brain, and I'll write it down. Then, if I try to make a poem or limerick out of it, it sounds like a four-year old's poem. I can't rhyme, I don't have rhythm, I'm not creative with my diction, I'm just no good!

But, this one, not too shabby. So, I am willing to share, not only my drawing, but also my poem with you. Especially since I have not had recent bloggable inspirations, I figure this will be a good way to get back in the game.

Both the picture and the poem are called, LIFE.

Life, is like a burning fire.
Causing destruction wherever it goes.
Filling your heart and mind with ire.
Yet after it's gone, new life, it grows.
And sometimes through the thick, black smoke,
The most delicate things in life survive,
Tending to be as strong as the great white oak.
Nothing in life strictly defined,
Chaotic as the Devil's mind.
Free to explore, yet imprisoned by space,
It thrashes around, yet stays in place.
Somehow, still full of wonder, and grace.
Sometimes as fragile as a ribbon of lace.
Constant and thriving no matter which stage,
Yet never looking the same as before.
Sometimes it rains and sometimes it pours.
It's shocking, terrifying, full of undying rage.
And even through the never-ending war,
None will ever reach its core.
Life, it will shine with beauty, once more.
Just like a burning fire,
Its passion will always be admired.
There's a lot going on, and there was really no reason for how it came about. I just wanted to break in the book and wanted to create something fun. And somehow I managed to inspire myself, and break through this creative barrier I've been facing lately, and really dig into some thoughts and feelings that have been sitting in the back of my mind gathering dust.

I've shared a piece with you all that I don't share often. It's a different kind of art that I'm not used to putting out on display, but what's the name of this blog again?

Oh yeah, Private Thoughts Gone Public.

I hope you enjoyed this,
And I hope this brings me back to regular blogging. (Darn grad school!)

Please comment if you thought this was at least okay. If not, then I will go back to my regular rants and keep the drawings and written work to myself and close(r) friends.


I appreciate you,

<3 Tawny

1 comment: