Sunday, November 10, 2013

True Love's Kiss

Everyone know that I Love fairytales, stories about princesses, and terribly romantic love stories. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic and secretly also a princess. Okay, well, I'm not, but I want to be one.

When I was a little girl, I dreamed about falling in love with some wonderful boy who would sweep my off of my feet.

Since I was 12, I've thought about what I would name my future children. Yes, I do have some up my sleeve, but I shall not tell! It'll ruin the surprise... if it ever happens.

Since about high school or so, I lost track on the timeline, I've been "planning" my future wedding. Now, I'm not one of those crazy girls who's Pinterest is loaded up with 18 boards on wedding ideas alone. No. I would do everyone a favor and slap myself for you. *shiver* But I have thought about general ideas that would be interesting to have if the day ever came for me. I do have a Pinterest bored, it's called Someday, but it's not filled entirely with obsessive wedding details. Just a few, and most of it has nothing to do with even that!

Why Am I Telling You This:
Today, I watched 27 Dresses. A story about a girl who's been waiting for her day since she was 8 years old. Then, she watches the love of her life almost marry her little sister, and she goes crazy. All the while, there's a guy who she had no interest in whatsoever, and at the end of the movie, they get married. Ah. True love. Romance. Perfection. Beauty. Makes my heart swell up. With happiness. For a fictional character.

Then, I watched Enchanted. I love this movie. Who doesn't? But here's what always throws me for a loop. Giselle is about to marry Prince Edward. Tragedy strikes and she meets another man. You can tell they fall for each other, yet throughout the entire movie, she can't wait for the man of her dreams to find her so that they can live happily ever after. Then, as soon as he does find her, she really doesn't want him anymore. She want New Dream Man! But he's taken. In fact, he's been taken for about five years(?). Yet at the very end, he throws that relationship away for a chance at happiness with Giselle. And they... they trade partners basically. Is that weird or what? Nope, not for them, because the Prince can be married now and the girl can escape her reality of being broken up by someone who was about to propose to her for a girl who destroyed multiple sets of curtains in his home! I don't get it.

Moral Of The Story:
If true love is this important, magical, powerful force of nature, how can it be found, released, and traded to easily? Falling  in love is difficult to do but but falling out is easy? (Or is it the other way around?) Was it really ever love then? Was it really ever true? Or was it just a means to an end? Maybe I'm pulling from past experiences, but really, if it's such a loose ideal, why do we wrap ourselves up in it?

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't, I'm simply saying we should ask ourselves why? How do we know if what we have is what we really want? What we need? How do we know?

I love thinking and dreaming and hoping for my happily ever after, and who knows, maybe I will get it, maybe I have that now, I won't know until it's happened though. But I realized this a while ago. I can't, and won't focus on the laters. At this stage in my life, yes, I have those future children names picked out, but I'm not clinging to them as my only options. They're just daydreams.

Do I think about my future wedding every once in a while? Yes, I do. I won't lie. I am muy guilty of it. But, I don't spend hours lost in thought about the color scheme, the location, the dresses, the lighting, the music, and whatever else. If and when I do have a wedding someday, it won't be just mine, it'll be his too. So I want to leave the planning up to the two of us and our incomes, cuz that shtuff is expensive as heck. Remember ladies, it's not Your wedding... you wouldn't have one if he wasn't there.

Just some thoughts I wanted to ponder with y'all.

Now, excuse me while I swoon over more love stories and drama in Once Upon A Time. ;)

Thanks again for reading,
<3 Tawny

No comments:

Post a Comment