Sunday, May 19, 2013

"How Does It Feel?!"

Not to appear ungrateful of everyone wishing me best wishes on my graduation, but ya gotta be more creative with your questioning. I get the same questions about my life daily from tons of people, and though it may be new information for you, you have to understand that I feel like a wind-up Barbie doll from the 90s.

---Every Conversation---

Person: Congrats! (pull string on Tawny Doll)
Tawny Doll: Thank you.
Person: How does it feel to be an alumni?! (Pull string)
TD: Like I'm an adult and I graduated.
Person: Oh yeah, you must not feel very different right now, huh? (Pull string)
TD: Not really
Person: I bet you're pretty relieved though, huh? (Pull string)
TD: Pretty much.
Person: So, when do you start working? Where? (Pull string)
TD: I don't know, because I don't have a job right now.
Person: I thought you had that interview in IL? (Pull string)
TD: I did, but I didn't like it.
Person: Oh that's right! Weren't you looking at some school or job or something somewhere? (Pull string)
TD: Yes, I was, but it didn't go as planned. So I'm still looking.
Person: Oh that's nice! So, are you just staying at home for now? (Pull string)
TD: Yupp.

---End Conversation---

Is anyone else going through Groundhog Day convos about this? If you haven't, you have to imagine how crazy and repetitive it must get.

This is why, when people break up, I don't ask, "What happened?"
When people get engaged, I don't ask, "How'd he pop the question?" (Although I did once and I hated myself for it)
When people have an exam, I don't ask if they're ready for it, or how they think it went afterwards. Mostly, because I know how anxious these questions make me when I get asked.

I'm not saying you should ask, or you shouldn't care, or like I said before, that I am ungrateful for your care and concern, but uh, tone the questioning down a bit. It's okay. Answers will come eventually, just sit back, watch the movie, and eat your popcorn.

Talk to ya'll later,
<3 Tawny

No comments:

Post a Comment