Monday, June 18, 2012

Everyone Has A Story

It seems to me that as humans in society, we long to be different than everyone else. To be unique. To add some kind of new spice to the mix. Yet, when we take the time to actually look at one another, we've all been through the same basics. We've all been through some kind of traumatizing childhood experience. We've all been in some sort of relationship that's led to heartbreak. And we all crave human interaction, connection, and companionship. Even the person who claims he doesn't need anyone in his life, and that he's independent, craves someone every once in a while to satisfy his natural human desires. In a way, we all have something in common. Because of this, everyone has a story and everyone wants to share it with someone.

Aside from this, I've come to notice something.

Everyone wants to be known for something. So, we document our lives, minds, and imagination in ways we don't always realize, just so we can share with another. Now, I like to dabble - in many things. One thing I tend to dabble in is writing. I've tried poems, I've tried songs, I have random diary/journal entries for my own eyes, obviously I blog, and I've tried authorship. I always wanted to be something, to be famous for it or something. Everyone else who did it, made it in the world. I felt that I was never creative enough for stuff like that. So I always though I was the only one. Coming to college, I found a few others like me. And more recently, I've discovered many a friend who are in the process of writing one or more books.

I thought of something today, those people - authors, singers, poets, etc - have told their story. Even fantasy writers, their story comes from their imagination, but it's still theirs.

Everyone has a story. We all just tell it differently.

T.V. these days, tell us we're not interesting enough to be put on a reality show, or don't have the right look for a chance to audition for a talent show. Don't listen to them. Listen to me. You have a story, and you as an individual are interesting. Don't be afraid to share that story with anyone, in any form. It's a natural feeling to want to share a part of you with someone, so do it. and remember, You're not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment